Boring music meme, gakked from kirsten_lynch:
1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
2. What was the last song you listened to (voluntarily)?
[checks playlist] Um, KC and the Sunshine Band, Shake Your Booty. The horns. And Devo, I Can't Get No Satisfaction.
3. What's on your record player right now?
Record player? [snorts] No music right now, strangely.
4. What song would you say sums you up...:
Bob Marley and the Wailers, Put It On. Depends on the mood, really.
5. What's your favorite local band?
Ain't been local long enough to have one.
6. What was the last show you attended?
Um... does Challenge count? JC, I guess. Shocking.
7. What was the greatest show you've ever been to?
Ali Farka Toure in Boulder, I think it was 2000? Sorry, JC. You know I love you.
8. What's the shittiest band you've ever seen in concert?
Jackson Brown. Pbbrrsssst. So boring.
9. What band do you love musically but hate the members of?
Soul Coughing, except for Doughty. I love Doughty.
10. What is the most musically involved you have ever been?
Choir in high school. I sucked.
11. What show are you looking forward to?
12. What is your favorite band shirt?
I like the JC shirts I have, but I'd have to say Talking Heads Speaking in Tongues. Crystal Method's Tweekend shirt is nice, too. I wore it to a nursing class once and was reviled across the land. Sweet.
13. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
Hmm. Logically, for what are we but logical animals in this unforgiving universe, I would have to say JC. But since the experience would leave me a shaken wreck, I'll go with Chris Kirkpatrick. He'd be fun! We could talk shit and make fun of each other. Then he'll drink me under the table and I'll wake up in his bed, cranky and hungover. Excellent!
14. What musician would you like to hump for a day?
In this case, I'll risk the shaken wreck syndrome.
15. Metal question-Jeans and Leather vs. Cracker Jack clothes...
WTF is cracker jack? I live in a trailer under a rock. But jeans and leather are always appropriate.
16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?
17. Commodores or solo Lionel Ritchie?
18. Blackjack or solo Michael Bolton?
Kill me, why don't you? As if.
19. Doesn't Primus suck?
Primus fucking rocks, actually, and that was one of my best shows ever. I want to fuck every bass player in that band. Oops! Did I say that out loud?
20. Name 3 flawless albums:
Only three? Hmm.
1. Talking Heads, Remain in Light
2. Beastie Boys, Paul's Boutique
3. Paul Simon, Graceland
4. King Sunny Ade, Aura
5. Ali Farka Toure and Ry Cooder, Talking Timbuktu
.....I had to cheat.
21. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music geek?
Already knew that, man.
22. What was the greatest decade for music?
The decade to come, of course. Can't wait!
23. How many music-related videos/dvds do you own?
347507364, 347507362 of them Nsync-related.
24. Do you like Journey?
I used to, 1000 years ago. God.
25. Don't try to pretend you don't.
26. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
Does Buena Vista Social Club count?
27. What was your last musical "phase" before you wisened up?
I never seem to wisen up. It's a flaw. Well, maybe the Journey phase, in high school.
28. What's the crappiest CD/record/etc you've ever bought?
I'm looking at you, Sophie B. Hawkins!
29. Do you prefer vinyl or CDs?
Vinyl? Please. I'm no scratcher.
30. All totaled, how much do you spend on music a month?
When I have a fixed mailing address, $50.00 - $100.00. I don't tend to dl that much because they never have the stuff I want.
Clearly, I am writing hard.