2. Movie rec for Tuesday, June, um... 7th.
Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter.
I mean, if the title isn't compelling enough, Amazon.com has this to say about it: The second coming is upon us, and Jesus has returned to Earth. But before he can get down to the serious business of judging the living and the dead, he has to contend with an army of vampires that can walk in the daylight.
Bwah! There are lesbians too, apparently, and kung fu, and it's a musical. I can't think what else you'd need, ever.
3. Started reading TWYKH last night, because I can. Whoa. If all 2987598 pp are as hot as that first section, I may not live.
"She died with a smile."
I love me some ruthless JC.
4. So, we have a department at my hospital that's just for staffing. If you work for them you go anywhere as needed, kind of like a permanent float position. The upside is that you set your schedule the way you want it. Downside of course is that you're bouncing all over the hospital every day. But, you know, it's tempting. Long about 3pm yesterday it occurred to me that if I worked eights, I'd be going home, and I still had energy and the will to live, and I could do that very easily four days a week and still get most of my hours. It'd be a pay raise to work Critical Staffing, so that might make up for the loss of approx. six hours a week... I don't know how my benefits would be affected, so there's that. But hmm, I'm tossing that about in my mind. Got home at 8:30pm last night exhausted, thinking (as I do) this can't go on.
5. You know, I want to thank everyone who's been reccing my writing for TrickC month. It is lame, I know, but when you're as pathologically insecure as I am seeing those recs is like Ahhhhhhhhh. Hee! Really, thanks. Let us never speak of this, now. Else I will squirm myself to death in embarrassment.
6. It's not raining today! Yay! Maybe we won't have a hurricane season at all! That would be awesome. But just in case, I'm putting together my "hurricane kit" today. So, if I lose my power for 109869 days, how many bottles of wine would I need?